The benefits of drinking hot water and lemon are many and varied.
- The vitamins and minerals found in lemons aid liver function, helping to mobilise toxins so they can be eliminated from your body.
- Citric acid stimulates digestion, which boosts your metabolism.
- Mixing lemon juice with a glass of water can help relieve heartburn*.
- The vitamin C in lemons is known to improve skin conditions.
- Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant, and can protect your body from free radical damage.
- The citrate in lemon water may help dissolve kidney stones, as well as gallstones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits.
- Gout pain can be attributed to a build-up of uric acid; lemon water helps dilute this acid, thereby reducing this pain.
- Lemons contain pectin, a form of soluble fibre that helps to suppress hunger cravings.
- Helps your body to stay more alkaline, helping you fight off diseases.
- Studies have found that cancer can’t thrive in an environment that’s alkaline.
And the one reason to beat all the rest … lemon water tastes great!
* Heartburn is often caused by low stomach acid, rather than high.