What information may we collect about you?
- Contact details. Your Name and Surname, Email address, Telephone Number
- Personal information such as your Address, Date of Birth, Hobbies, Interest and Goals
- Pictures/Videos: Before and After pictures/videos, training videos, testimonials and feedback
- Health Information from your past and present (via a PAR-Q Form or Health Questionnaire)
- Usage information in respect of any of the products and services we provide. Including but not limited to number or log ins, video views, downloads and Facebook group interaction.
- Information we collect via cookies and related technology.
- IP address, identification number, online identifier, browser information, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
We may also monitor, record, store and use communications we have with you to improve the quality of our products and customer service, to confirm any instructions you give us, for training and operational compliance purposes and / or to provide you with support.
How do we use the information?
As a member we process your information under the legal basis of Contract. We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
We may use your information in some or all of the following ways:
- To provide the best service we can: to provide you with content, products, services, tailored and personalised recommendations, general account management and the management of our products and services including access to the members site, highlighting resources that are new or may be of interest, checking in on members and requesting feedback.
- To understand how people use the resources provided, to allow us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To determine the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns
- To notify members of future offers and related products from ourselves and selected trusted partners.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always consider your personal data rights, hold them in the highest regard and take them into account in our decision making.
Special Category: Health
Your health data we collect through a PAR-Q Form or Health Questionnaire may hold more sensitive data so we have extra security measures such as only sharing this data with a Third Party on a need-to-know basis.
Our lawful basis for processing special category data is contract and condition (h) as listed in Article 9(2) of the GDPR.
How do we collect your data?
We collect information when you complete a form on our site. We may also collect your information in person, via Email, Phone, Messenger, WhatsApp, Surveys, Social Media (in particular when you first make contact with us) and through different Third Party services that provide us with the platform to securely collect and store the information we need to provide you with our service.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where will we store your data?
We use cloud storage which is password protected and encrypted. In order to provide our service, we may also store data on a mobile phone (password protected), hard drive (encrypted and stored in a locked draw) and laptop (with password protection and content encryption).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Who may we share your data with?
We may share your information externally in order to provide you with the service you are entitled to such as ensuring the members site is functioning appropriately.
Your medical health professional to better provide you with the support and service you may need.
We may use and share your information with third parties to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party such as by analysing activity on our network to help block unauthorised or illegitimate content, publication of, or access to it; and for the purpose of safeguarding an individual’s vital interests, national security, responding to statutory obligations or requests from the courts and enforcement authorities.
Access to your information and correction
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the Contract lawful bases, which means we shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service.
How long we keep your information?
We retain your information for up to 7 years following the end of your membership with us.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you want to know more about your Individual Rights, you can visit the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk).
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact David McKinnon using firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website.
Email Marking and Mailing List Subscription
We use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to Elite Health & Fitness newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, listed below. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign. Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences. You can also contact the EMS provider.
We may hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- Email address
- IP address
- Name and Surname
- Phone Number
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Contacting Elite Health & Fitness UK Ltd
Any queries or comments about this privacy and cookies notice, for requests of copies of the information we hold about you, or if you wish to have a copy of your information, restrict or erase your records, please email David McKinnon using email@example.com.